MissDona's Guide to TV, Gadgets, Gossip, Being Gorgeous, the Grand City and Great Deals

I've been told a million times that I should write a book. I think this is as close as I'm going to get.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I-Did-Not-Know-That (Bed Linens Edition)

When we look for bed linens, we don't strictly look for thread count. We look for Egyptian or Pima cotton with a thread count of about 400. A difference in texture will not be noticeable if the thread count is greater than 400 (using Egyptian or Pima cotton).If the sheets are not Egyptian or Pima cotton, the manufacturer may be using a multiple-ply thread and bumping the thread count. For example, a dual-ply thread woven at 200 will be sold as 400.Bastards.

Sale at Overstock.com 440 Egyptian Cotton in colors with stripes, $52.99    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home