MissDona's Guide to TV, Gadgets, Gossip, Being Gorgeous, the Grand City and Great Deals

I've been told a million times that I should write a book. I think this is as close as I'm going to get.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

How to Groom: Threading at Shobha

Last week, my eyebrows were ridiculously overgrown. They needed special attention that the nail salon waxing ladies couldn't handle. I usually go there or to a place like Bombay Beauty for threading. They’re great for clean-up. But when my eyebrows need shape? I have to step it up a notch.

After the Anastasia Salon at Sephora Times Square couldn't fit me in, I made an appointment at Shobha. I went to the Soho location and was treated by Hibba.

Other threading salons are like barber shops, this was more like a spa. Complimentary Tea, lovely decor and my brows were given the shape and attention they needed. Hibba worked with me to define the right shape for my face, rather than just having-at-it.

While Bombay is cheap ($7), Shobha is more upscale and you pay for it ($20). Nevertheless, it is still a bargain compared to the Anastasia Salon ($32) and you do not have to be groomed in front of a Times Square window, this is a concept I can endorse.

While I didn't try their Sugaring/Waxing. They do have a no-double-dip policy, which is nice. God knows what's floating around in the wax at most normal places.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Askinstoo said…

    Very nice! I found a place where you can
    make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
    and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
    I made over $900 last month having fun!
    make extra money

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home